Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Eithna's Last Letters

Can't believe I'm finished. I really enjoyed this project, I rarely take six months to do anything and it's interesting for me to see the different "creative moods" I was in over the period.





The only part I planned at the start was to have both my "A" and "Z" Black.
I like them individually but as a group I don't think they work well together, so I  will give a page to each one or two letters. Book making is another first for me so I feel an accordion type would be the simplest to manage!



8 comments:

  1. I love the miscellaneous collage treatment you gave to each letter. I've never made a book of any kind either and agree that the accordion is the easiest. This next alphabet I may raise my sights. Can't wait to see your finished book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these... quirky, creative, and each a little work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so wonderful! I love all the layers and bits and pieces of interest. Can't wait to see your book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Jo! I love these letters too - quirky and playful. Wonderful alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally scrummy - hope to see them in person some day. Congratulations, Eithna XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning collection! Each little work of art certainly merits a book page of its own, but I think they have real impact displayed together. The group photo that you posted brought to mind the quadrants of a map...and it crossed my mind that (since you have worked bits of maps into the individual collages) it could also be interesting to leave substantial borders between the letters, but somehow link them to one other, i.e. via roads/rivers/train tracks (or stitches/dots, etc.). However it comes together, I look forward to seeing your alphabet in its final form...

    ReplyDelete
  7. really amazing as a whole, and so many things to watch at for each letter, I love your work

    ReplyDelete
  8. As ever Eithna - I love how these have come together, with their little rivers of stitching and meandering script - a real delight.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our work - it's always good to hear what folk think!