Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fiona's four for February

I have found a bit of time to keep on making my little letters.  I love the pin prick outlines and love the gentleness of them. They feel like snowflakes falling or something when I hold them in my hand.

So here are February's four - E, F, G and H. I like the contrast against the black; but won't be using black in the finished piece.


Here is where I have gotten to so far - the first eight letters sitting on a table in the shed.


A couple of close-ups of them nestled together - I like them close up to each other for some reason.



And an update on the backing sheet that is turning out to be so interesting!


I posted this same post over at my blog. We are away for work-work again, so I just need to find ways to stay online, on the road...

10 comments:

  1. that's so nice, Fiona ! both the letters and the mix, I love them !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clean, simple and classy - love seeing the progression!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have a way with words, Fiona - even the fragments of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, these are amazing, great job...hope you have a super week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do look so nice all nestled together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them of course being a peircings gal but I love the piercing mat most of all, fascinating stuff Fi.

      My letter are coming ...

      Delete
  6. Thanks all for your kind words and encouragement. I love the white on white and am enjoying how they are coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Cool....I love the white on white too! Might try this lettering myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice! it's very elegant. The white on white is so classy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our work - it's always good to hear what folk think!