Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kim Schoenberger - FGHIJKL

Once again I am late! Seems to be the norm for me these days, funny thing I used to be so punctual - not sure where that went to.... ? :-\
So my post today is both February and March and an additional picture of how the piece is coming along. Still working on the polka dot theme...

February merges into March with "I"

Starting to take shape all rolled out - A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J

I've started looking into the finishing of the piece, this one's a bit more technical and I believe it's going to take a little more time to nut out what I'll be needing in turns of the final touches and from whom. I want to create a light box effect like they appear in these photo's, hopefully it'll work out - things always sound great in 'theory'

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so impressive Kim. Can't wait to see it all finished (and lit!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen a pianola roll for yonks... love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so interesting. Brings back memories of playing the pianola at my grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with working out the final presentation Kim - but I know you love a challenge! It is looking both intriguing and lovely so far...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lorinda, I do hope the plan works!

    Hi Jo, the ole' pianola scroll has a lovely aged look about it too.

    Hi Deb,how lovely to have fond memories with your grandparents, we never had one when we were younger, my mother had one in her later years and was so much fun!


    Thanks Fiona, yes I seem to go for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our work - it's always good to hear what folk think!