I wanted to try some conventional calligraphic style letters - just for the hell of it, and I love the fine control you can get with gouache paints- so here we have the first 4 letters.
- The font was one I found on the internet and I have changed some letters slightly,
- I have used my favourite colours - aubergine, deep purple, celadon, mauve, blue grey, beige,
- Background papers are mostly Canson Mi Teintes,
- Paint is gouache with Jo Sonja acrylic gold highlights,
- The brush I used is a taklon size 2.
There is something very attractive about these letters. Very nice!ReplyDelete
Is there no end to your talents Noela? These are great.ReplyDelete
I love the shape of these letters and your use of color - I don't think the letters need another thing - these are SO wonderful!ReplyDelete
Your letters are beautifully formed and as for you thinking they are lacking - perhaps you need to keep the sum of the whole in mind rather than the individual letters, as I think there will be plenty of visual information with the lovely aubergine borders tying the different coloured squares together.ReplyDelete
Looking good N!ReplyDelete
Very striking! Love the colors and square border! Can not wait to see more!ReplyDelete
great colors ! and the little gold touch is just ... evident !ReplyDelete
These are stunning, and gorgeous and perfect just the way they are. Did I mention awesome?ReplyDelete
These are gorgeous - simple, but at the same time very rich as you discover all of the different layers that make up each letter.ReplyDelete