Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Julie's 2nd Alphabet-ABCD

Hi Gang!
Thought I would mix things up and start in on my second alphabet, which is the theme one with dots, then alternate them when I show you. End of the year, I'll show both put together in their book form...or whatever I do with them!
These are letters based on Julian Waters' Waters Titling font, and cut out of paper, mounted on different marbled papers (that had dots in them!) and a color dot added as an accent. The photos are a little askew. Hard to shoot. I hope you like them!







10 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. Love the colour dot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marbled papers look beautiful and your cutting skills are amazing to have those letter curves so perfectly done. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terrie! My first love is calligraphy, but paper sculpture is a close second!

      Delete
  3. These are great! I really love your design and use of one simple dot on each. Like Terrie I am also greatly admiring your cutting skills--wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorinda! Sometimes I feel like the X-acto is permanently attached to my hand! I go through a LOT of #11 blades.

      Delete
  4. I love the placement of those single dots. It must be fun hovering over the letter going - here, no here! Or perhaps your eye just tells you exactly where to go! They look great; elegant font.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so correct, Fiona, that's exactly what I do...and it relates to the letter before and after too. Reminds me of the old songs with the bouncing dots to follow the words!

      Delete
  5. I too am loving the single dots. Good thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am stunned by the diversity and imagination of all the participants, i love the clean simplicity of yours. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our work - it's always good to hear what folk think!